BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 8, 2010

WRITING PROMPTS

WRITING PROMPT 1

One movie I've seen that said it was based on a true story was Paranormal Activity. After

reading this I looked at the movie in a more critical way. Asking myself, "Could this really

happen." The movie is a documentary about a lady who had been possessed or followed by a

demon. Her husband is caught into the story as the had just moved into a new house. After

reading it was true story, it made the movie somewhat scarier than if I knew that it was fiction.

If i knew it was then I would not have been as scared.


Writing Prompt 2

I would definitely not tell the next student that some parts were not true, just so they would feel the

same way as me reading the story. I would make sure they "picked up on" that O'Brien was the

author but also the narrator and soldier in the story. It is kind if hard to understand just reading

one time, I would recommend reviewing each chapter with the class or another student. I would

tell the next students to reread sections and analyze to understand the story better.


WRITING PROMPT #4
Some people say Rainy River is boring, but I really enjoyed it. I think I like it because alot of
important things set up the story. WE get a "sneak peek" of O'Briens life before war. When He was
contemplating whether He should go to war or not after he recieves a draft notice.He is also trying
to decide if He should go flee the country and go to Canada to avoid the draft.I understand him
feeling his life was being taking away from him because He would be in a different country
fighting with the chance his life could be taken away from him.Later I find out that all the stories
in this Chapter are not true, which UPSETS me hahal. I felt as though I was lied to!!


WRITING PROMPT # 6

"On The Rainy River"

-O'Brien cannot decide if He should go to war. He only goes to make his family "proud" He wanted to flee to Canada to avoid the war.

- He is a young person, and has a youthful perspective on life. Like most young people think, "too young to die". Being in war changes his perspective.

-O'Brien like myself was very indecisive. Nost of decisions he made someone guided him are led him to making a decision. The old man brings O'Brien close to the Canadian border. Someone is always pushing him towards a decision, it's never him.

"The Ghost Soldiers"

-Being at war in Vietnam made Tim O'Brien made him grow up, and make decisions as before He could not decide to go to war or flee.

- O'Brien has no feelings. Hes neither sad, proud, nor scared. He justs exists because his emotions are cut off by war.

-Tim O'Brien becomes untouched by the lifestyle of war. He knows humans cause death and the warzone no longer affects him. O'Brien and his platoon become like brothers. They make bonds that cannot be broken.


WRITING PROMPT #7

I think everyone has a different view of what "truth" is. Depending on what you faced in life your

less likely to accept everything someone says to you as truth. One may question or not believe at all.

The there are sone who believe everything you say, they are gullible. True war stories are not really

about war, there more about the emotions that come. So by that criteria I believe it is a true war

story. I would recommend this book to anyone, I think it is a good read!


0 comments: